Are you going through, or have you recently gone through a change in your life?
Even a small life change can overwhelm the most resourceful person. The reason for that is that in
every life transition, even the positive ones, there is a loss. You know the old adage ‘when
a door closes, another opens”? Think about it this way “whenever a door opens, another
closes”. Closing doors can be distressing, even when we know intellectually that it’s for
the best, and even when we’ve anticipated this change for a long time, and have looked
forward to it – we can still feel a sense of loss.
How can you tell that you are struggling with change?
- You are quick to react with anger, agitation, or sadness to seemingly innocuous day to day events.
- You are confused by your reactions to people and events.
- You feel overwhelmed.
- You feel sad and are not sure why.
- Your relationships are suffering.
- You find it hard to remain patient with your family.
- You have low energy.
- You experience an increase/decrease in appetite.
- You have sleep issues.
- You have anxious and/or obsessive thinking
To help you through life transitions, I have devised a course of therapy that includes:
- Detect the core stress. What is the worst part? (this might surprise you)
- Map out your unique style of reactivity. Your unique style includes your past experiences with loss, your fears and negative thinking around loss, and your strengths and individual resources.
- Uncover the deepest troubling thoughts that arise with regard to the event, for example “I won’t be able to handle it”
- Connect with the most troubling feeling (often fear) that arises in the body with regard to the life transition, and release it.
Recommended length of therapy 4-8 sessions
Lets work together to help you navigate through life’s changes with ease, and calmness.
Book your first session today!
or contact me for more information